2 January 2007

Eeeper's Choice Show 07 - The Dragon-Fighting Yakuza's From The Edo Era Show

It's still not dead!?!..Errr...I mean, Welcome back! This weeks show has thrills, spills, chills and that weird fluff you find between your toes after you've put on a new pair of socks....
On this weeeks show I review the manga Basilisk by the late Futaro Yamada and art by Masaki Segawa, the Playstation 2 game Yakuza and in the Retro Choice I review the OVA series Sohryuden or Legend of The Dragon Kings.




Direct Download

Anywho if you need to contact me with hints, questions, comments, requests for reviews and anything else then drop me a line @:

Please note that all images (excluding Show Artwork included in the mp3) unless otherwise stated are the respective copyright and trademark of their respective owners and licensers. No copyright infringement is meant or implied.


Basilisk is Samurai Action the way I like it. Nice Scenery, great characters and a boat-load of Ninja-action and hemoglobin. Just when Jubei thought he could retire as the baddest samurai, Gennosuke turns up looking for the toughest motherf*&^er around award.

Links:


The review of PS2 game Yakuza replaces an anime review that I started to review but realised was too thin given the size of the series. I played Yakuza for about two or three days and thought it might be worth reviewing. Let me know if I should continue to review games or not.



Sohryuden was another anime that I watched on Channel 4 back in the day. I remember it being longer but time has refreshed my memory. It's a fairly decent anime but if I could be blunt it's a poor man's X. Only watch it if you've already seen X or you're bored of X. Anybody got any better alternatives let me know. The link to AWO's review of They Were Eleven(which I mentioned in the review) can be found here

Promos This Week:

Next week I'll be reviewing the manga Densha Otoko by Hitori Nakano, the TV series Kimagure Orange Road and the anime D.N.Angel.

No comments:

Contact the show

Snapvine Voicemail (US)+1-641-985-7800 then press * then 1723766



My status
Mychingo:Click on Feed Me


Click on the button and plug in a microphone!
Send Me A Message

Add ECP to your RSS reader

Digg Eeeper's Choice
Add to My Yahoo!
Subscribe in NewsGator Online
Add to Netvibes
Add to My AOL
Add to Google
Subscribe in LiteFeeds

Labels

 
template by free-web-template.blogspot.com